There are a variety of ways for you to contribute to OAR:
2. Mail a check payable to OAR
3. Drop off a donation during regular business hours
4. Designate OAR on your Combined Federal Campaign (#26226) or United Way (#8078)
5. Get your company/employer to match your gift and double the donation to OAR.
6. Bequests and Planned Gifts:
Giving to OAR can be done either directly or through a gift model that can provide you with tax benefits. Talk with your lawyer about various gift models that you might consider.
Should you wish to include OAR in your will, the following language may assist you and your attorney in preparing your bequest to OAR:
“I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath ____ (a specific dollar amount, percentage of the residue of your estate, or a specific asset such as a bank account, stock, or real estate) to Offender Aid and Restoration of Arlington, Inc. (OAR), located at 1400 N. Uhle Street, Suite 704, Arlington, VA 22201 for its general purposes or as the Board of Directors may direct.”
7. OAR welcomes the following in-kind donations for our ongoing needs:
- $15 SmarTrip® cards (metro & bus)
- $20 Target gift cards
- Standard copy paper
- #2 pencils
- Composition notebooks
- Whiteboard dry erase markers, erasers, and cleaners
8. We also have a “Wish List” on Amazon.com with items we need for participants. The link is http://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cm_wl_search_rvp_wl?ie=UTF8&cid=A29JY6MLB94BCD.
9. We partnered with The Referral Project, a free national real estate referral service, as one way you and your broad social network can support us. The Referral Project refers real estate agents to buyers and sellers anywhere in the country. If the buyer/seller selects OAR, The Referral Project will donate 50% of their share of the commission earnings to us. It is a simple and unique way to help OAR! The link is http://www.thereferralproject.com/oar.
You make our mission possible and we strive to put your donation to good work each and every day.
OAR is able to fulfill its mission because of the generous support received by you — organizations and individual donors in communities throughout Northern Virginia and the country. One reason you and other individuals continue to support OAR is because it makes fiscal sense for the community. For example, it can cost $25,000 or more to house just one person in jail for a year.
Considering that jails house hundreds of inmates each year, many of whom are repeat offenders, the cost to taxpayers is immense. By providing counseling and mentoring programs inside and outside of jails; promoting education programs and job training; and giving individuals the tools and resources they need to find gainful employment, your donation to OAR helps communities curtail the financial burden that recidivism creates.
OAR needs your continued support to help make your community a healthier and safer place to live. We would like you to become a part of the OAR movement and consider making a donation today. All of your donations are tax deductible. Below are just a few ways your contribution directly benefits an OAR participant:
- $10 = A meal for someone who has just been released from jail
- $20 = Provide transportation to job interviews for one participant for one week
- $25 = A gift card for a holiday present for a child who has a parent in jail
- $35 = Provide emergency clothing and food to one participant upon their release from jail
- $50 = Pay for a participant’s birth certificate and identification documents required to get a job
- $75 = Case management services for participants to develop skills for maintaining employment
- $100 = Provide pro-social activities for participants recently released from incarceration (such as movie tickets, a meal, sports games, etc.)
- $250 = Provide postage fees to mail holiday gifts to 30 children of incarcerated parents
- $500 = Underwrite one month of emergency services costs for one participant
- $1,000 = Provide security deposit for a participant to move out of a shelter and into an apartment
- $2,500 = Underwrite the program cost for one Intensive Reentry Program participant
- $3,500 = Underwrite OAR’s programs for one day
- $5,000 = Underwrite Project Christmas Angel, where 1,000 gifts will be wrapped for over 350 children of incarcerated parents
- $10,000 = Underwrite the cost of a participant’s residential addiction treatment and care
- $25,000 = Underwrite the cost of working side by side with participants at Community Service events
OAR is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. OAR’s Federal tax identification number is 54-1024562.