Volunteer at OAR
OAR would not be able to function without the help of our volunteers. OAR’s many volunteers provide support for our programs, special projects and events, assist with administrative needs in our office, supervise Community Service participants at evening and weekend events, and more!
- The first step in volunteering with OAR or getting involved with OAR in any capacity is to attend a free 1-hour Tour of OAR’s mission! OAR holds Tours twice a month at our office. Click here to find out more information about our Tours and to register.
- Once you have attended a Tour of OAR’s mission, you will receive a follow-up call or email from OAR’s Deputy Director, Katy Steinbruck, to discuss next steps of involvement. If you have any specific skill-sets or specializations such as fundraising, event planning, etc., we would love to know!
- We would like all OAR volunteers who are directly involved in OAR’s work and mission to attend one of OAR’s Racial Justice Virtual Three-Month Cohorts. We will be holding the first cohort in September 2020, the next starting January 2021, and the third starting April 2021. As we continue to promote race equity not only in our workplace, but in the community as well, we would like our volunteers to approach their work with a race equity mindset. For more information about OAR’sRacial Justice Virtual Three-Month Cohorts and to register for a cohort date, click here.
- Once you have attended a Tour of OAR’s mission, connected with OAR’s Deputy Director, and have at least applied to attend one of OAR’s Racial Justice Virtual Three-Month Cohorts, you will receive further training based on the volunteer opportunity or program that you are paired with. Depending on the kind of volunteer opportunity/program you are helping with, training may take up to a couple of months.
- Another great way to stay in the know about all of OAR’s upcoming volunteer opportunities is to sign up to receive OAR’s monthly E-newsletter. Click here to sign up to receive our E-Newsletter and stay up-to-date with all things OAR.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.