Each one-hour tour features: a brief presentation from OAR leadership; an opportunity to talk with staff; participant success stories; and a tour of the OAR office.
Tours are held at the OAR office, located at 936 21st Street South, Arlington, VA 22202. To reserve a space for one of the Tours listed below, to register click here or call us at 703-228-7030.
Thursday, September 7 6:30pm
Can’t make any of these Tours? Additional Tours are scheduled throughout the year at different times of the day, or just let us know what works for your group of 6 or more.
Join us for these upcoming events:
Sing Out for Second Chances
Sunday, October 15, 2017
Join OAR for an evening of inspirational music presented by local faith community choirs and guest speakers from OAR to discuss the power and importance of second chances! Free admission! The event will be held at Mt. Zion Baptist Church (3500 S 19th St, Arlington, VA 22204. Please RSVP online HERE. For more information, please contact Heather Pritchett at email@example.com or 703-228-7435.
The entire month of October 2017
Each year in the month of October, OAR hosts a community-wide Toy Drive to collect new, donated toys and holiday gifts for children of incarcerated parents. We are seeking businesses, community centers, faith communities, and other locations to host donation boxes for us where toy collections can be held. For more information, please contact Anne Breville at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-228-0587.
Project Christmas Angel
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Save the date for Project Christmas Angel! This is one of OAR’s largest events of the year! OAR collects holiday gifts for children of incarcerated and recently released parents and distributes the gifts to the children. Plan to join us on Wednesday, December 13th for our Wrapping Party, where nearly 200 volunteers will gather to select gifts for the children, wrap them, and prepare them for delivery. RSVP required. The RSVP form will be posted here in November. For more information, please contact Anne Breville at email@example.com or 703-228-0587.
Second Chance Fundraising Breakfast
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Save the date for our 10th Annual Second Chance Fundraising Breakfast! Last year, we had nearly 600 guests in attendance to support OAR. The event will be held at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Crystal City (1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA). For more information, please contact Heather Pritchett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-228-7435. More details coming soon.
Mobile Action Network
Join the OAR Mobile Action Network and be a part of millions who care about creating change for those coming home! You will receive information about events, major legislation affecting reentry, and other news sent straight to your cell phone. click here
OAR around the community:
In the last few months OAR staff, volunteers, and clients have participated in the following community events:
- Lions Eyeglass Recycling Event
- Arlington Home and Show Expo
- Feel the Heritage Festival
- Clarendon Day
- Columbia Pike Jazz Festival
- Arlington Interfaith Council’s Helping Hands Awards Ceremony
- Arlington’s 13th Annual State of the County
- Arlington County Car Wash
- Downtown Baptist Leader Cast
- Arlington County Fair
In the last few months OAR staff have lead, served, or participated in the following committees, training, and meetings:
- Northern Virginia Interfaith Reentry Collaborative
- Shoplifters Program for Youth
- Arlington’s Housing Committee 10 Year Plan to end homelessness
- Alexandria’s Reentry Council
- Alexandria’s Reentry Council Employment Committee
- Arlington County Reentry Council (ACRC)
- Arlington’s Drug Court Graduation Ceremony
- Arlington County Integrated Services Committee
- Alexandria Chamber Women’s Luncheon
- Thinking for Change (T4C) Training
- OST/MOST Assessment Training
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) Training
More coming soon!