Support OAR for #GivingTuesday 2019
After Black Friday and Cyber Monday comes… #GivingTuesday! #GivingTuesday is a global day dedicated to giving back to your favorite charities and kicks off the charitable season as many prepare for the holidays and end-of-the-year giving. This year, #GivingTuesday will take place on Tuesday, December 3, 2019. OAR has joined the #GivingTuesday movement this year and we want YOU to be a part of the movement and our mission too! We hope that as you plan your #GivingTuesday donations, you consider making a contribution to OAR. OAR needs your continued support to help our participants and make the community a healthier, safer place to live. Your contributions will help us provide the services and resources needed to persons incarcerated as they get ready to transition back into the community and reunite with their families and will also provide support for our programs such as Project Winter Cheer (formerly known as Project Christmas Angel) and where we provide holiday gifts for children who have a parent incarcerated locally.
Where to make your #GivingTuesday donations:
- Donate to OAR through our #GivingTuesday Campaign Page we have set up through the Catalogue for Philanthropy. Stay tuned for link to our campaign page!
- You can also make a donation on our website here. Make sure to include in the “Comments” section that you would like your donation to go towards OAR’s 2019 Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Lastly, you can always send in donations through the mail to the OAR office located at 1400 N. Uhle Street, Suite 704, Arlington, VA 22201.
Here are some ways in which your donations help OAR and our participants:
- $10 = A meal for someone who has just been released from incarceration
- $50 = Provide emergency clothing, food, and transportation for an OAR participant
- $100 = Provide pro-social activities for participants recently released from incarceration (i.e. movie tickets, a meal, sports games, etc.)
- $250 = Provide professional attire for OAR participants seeking employment
- $500 = One month of Emergency Services for one OAR participant
- $1,000 = Housing assistance for an OAR participant to move out of a shelter
- Provide support for OAR’s programs such as Project Winter Cheer (formerly known as Project Christmas Angel) and Project Backpack to help purchase materials and help with the mailing costs to send backpacks, school supplies, and holiday gifts to children who have a parent incarcerated locally
Be a part of the movement. Be a part of our mission.
Start off the giving season with #GivingTuesday and OAR
If you have any questions, please contact Stephannie Ku, OAR’s Director of Events and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.