Join OAR for Project Christmas Angel this December!
The holiday season is just around the corner which means it is almost time for OAR’s Project Christmas Angel Wrapping Party!
Held for over 20 years, Project Christmas Angel is one of OAR’s largest events of the year. On behalf of the community, we collect and wrap holiday gifts for children of incarcerated and recently released parents donated to us through our annual Toy Drive. OAR’s annual Toy Drive and Project Christmas Angel were created to provide another way for those involved in the criminal justice system to connect with their children over the holidays, as these relationships are often strained and challenged during and after incarceration.
It is so important to us that family relationships are maintained while a parent is incarcerated and after their release, and that no child is forgotten during the holidays. We ask that you – members and organizations of the community – also keep these children in mind as the holiday season approaches and get involved in this amazing event! Each child participating in this program will receive three holiday gifts along with a handwritten gift tag from their parent to remind them that even though they are not able to physically spend the holidays together, they are always keeping them in mind.
Thank you so much to everyone who has signed up for the Wrapping Party event! The RSVP for this event is now FULL!
How you can support:
- Donate gifts! We will be collecting donations of gifts for children ages 0-18 until December 10, 2018. You can donate gifts via our Amazon Wish List, drop off donations to the OAR office (1400 N. Uhle St, Arlington, VA 22201), or visit any one of our donation box host sites (you can find the list of donation sites here).
- Donate gift cards! We are in need of gift cards to give to teens. Denominations of $20-$25 to places like Target and Amazon are most needed!
- Make a financial contribution! You can make financial contributions towards Project Christmas Angel online on our website here. Your donations will go towards purchasing items such as wrapping supplies and postage to mail gifts to children that live outside of the DC area. Be sure to specify on the “Message or Comments” line that you’d like your donation to go towards Project Christmas Angel!
- Volunteer at the Wrapping Party! Volunteer to wrap and/or deliver gifts at the Project Christmas Angel Wrapping Party on December 12, 2018. If you are interested in volunteering at the Wrapping Party, RSVP here.
- Become a sponsor! If you are interested in sponsoring the Wrapping Party event, please contact Heather Pritchett at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest in and support for Project Christmas Angel! Together, we can make it our mission to bring warm smiles and holiday cheer to children of incarcerated parents and strengthen these relationships.