Project Winter Cheer 2022-2023
About OAR’s Project Winter Cheer:
OAR’s Project Winter Cheer program supports children and families impacted by incarceration for the winter season. It is crucial that family relationships are maintained while a parent is incarcerated and after their release and that no child is forgotten during this time. We ask that you – members and organizations of the community – also keep these children in mind and get involved in supporting this fantastic program!
This program aims to provide each child with a $50 gift card/e-gift card/check. This way, the families have the autonomy and liberation to use these funds for whatever they need (holiday gifts, winter clothes, bills, food, etc). With the $50, each child receives a note from their parent (that has been kept safe for two weeks before sending it out), letting them know that the gift is coming from them and wishing them love during the winter season.
Thanks to your support, we supported over 150 children impacted by incarceration through Project Winter Cheer last year. We want to continue spreading love and joy to these children and families, so please read more below on how to support this critical program.
How to Support:
We will be collecting donations of gift cards/online donations for Project Winter Cheer until the end of January 2023!
- Donate gift cards/Host a gift card drive! Gift cards (VISA is the most popular option) in denominations of $25, $50, or $100. If you would like to mail gift cards, please mail them to OAR at P.O. Box 41030, Arlington, VA 22204. If you would like to drop the gift cards off at the OAR office, please contact Stephannie Ku at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate on the OAR website specifically to our children and family programs (Project Connection/Project Backpack/Project Winter Cheer) online here. We have this donation form up year-round.
- Volunteer to help with guardian outreach, data entry, and purchasing and mailing gift cards on behalf of OAR (some virtual and some in-person). We especially need local volunteers for the purchasing and mailing of gift cards. Please email Stephannie Ku at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for any Project Winter Cheer related opportunities.
- Help spread the word! Please help us share our social media posts about Project Winter Cheer, post on your own social media, send your friends and family the fundraiser link, etc.
- Sponsor Project Winter Cheer! Interested in sponsoring this program? Please contact Stephannie Ku at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Stephannie Ku at email@example.com or call 571-771-3245